Divorce the Legacy Enterprise Apps: Think Social Enterprise Apps
Enterprise applications are the backbone to operate the business, solve critical issues, and connect at a large scale within the enterprise industry. It also helps companies collaborate within its horizon as well as with other companies, and of course, with the data, information, and more. These enterprise applications are everything a company blindly depends on as they are used as long as company exists and passed on to another company, which is why these apps generally create a “Legacy.”
Legacy Enterprise Apps hardly work on re-imagination or upgrading, instead, it becomes a natural process for companies to enter into the business world and adopt the already used Legacy Apps without realizing if app modernization exists to pace up their business. But the question lies here, why not simply divorce the Legacy Enterprise Apps, and think Social Enterprise Apps!
“Legacy Apps are the age-old or outdated apps that have been used for years into the business world with their essence and capability running short to walk along with the market requirements.”
What are the Challenges of Legacy Enterprise Applications?
Many companies still operate on Legacy Enterprise Apps without realizing the challenges or limitations they bring along.
- Security: One of the most common issues that companies face is the security risk due to an outdated system these apps possess.
- Inefficiency: Apart from building high-risk systems, they are largely inefficient too. The productivity of knowledge workers is at toss due to the outdated design and process involved. These apps lack support when bugs or any technical hindrance occurs.
- Incompatibility: Most Legacy Apps are standalone by nature as they were not designed to have an immersive or integrated system to collaborate with other applications. This makes the app incompatible and limits its ability to perform.
- Outdated: As the latest social apps are collaborative by nature, they revise their system from time to time to match user requirements. However, legacy applications remain outdated.
- Unfriendly: The Legacy Apps lack the human touch that social apps bring along. Knowledge workers want a human-centric approach that follows the intent.
What are Social Enterprise Apps?
Social Enterprise Apps are the modernized solutions that elevate the potential of the businesses and improve the user experience. The Social Enterprise Apps are not only based on functional or operational aspects of the business but also lay importance on the future needs of knowledge workers.
In the enterprise world, there’s a dire need to collaborate with other users based on the business’s requirements. In the conversational application era, the Social Enterprise Applications will allow such collaborations, that goes beyond simple text-based exchanges with the help of conversational apps and help them reduce friction in communication and improve decisions in business processes.
“Social Enterprise Apps are developed with a human-centric approach that guides the user throughout to present a wholesome experience.”
Why Embrace Social Enterprise Applications?
As the technology world is moving faster than light, it becomes essential for businesses to adapt to apps that can communicate, assist, and offer analytics to grant a meaningful collaboration to knowledge workers. Let’s look into a handful of reasons why companies must embrace Social Enterprise Apps.
- Better Communication: Communication gets better and stronger once a company chooses Social Enterprise Apps. Not only can they connect within the organization but outside too, without any hassle.
- Improved Transactions: As everything is on the fingertip, transactions of any kind (data, attachments, information, or financial) get easily completed.
- Elevated Insight: A Social Enterprise App can help businesses gain better insight into the knowledge worker’s or customer’s behavior and actions. This can help in strategizing relevant campaigns for the future.
- User Centric: Since the users are easily a part of any conversations (internally and externally), their approach is more confident, guided, collaborative, and empowered.
- Contextual Guidance: Social Enterprise Apps have the potential to understand the “social behavior” of the user and guide them contextually on every ground. These apps smartly suggest and share analytics when knowledge workers ask for them.
How is the DH Product “SET” setting its Future with Social Enterprise Apps?
Social Enterprise Technology or SET is a unique combination of automation, conversation, analytics, and humanly approach set in a tune to help knowledge workers perform complex activities at ease. SET understands the “Social” behavior and brings relatable suggestions to guide the user. Social enterprise apps are the future and SET is equipped to meet the expectations of knowledge workers by:
- Bridging communication gaps
- Addressing complex cases
- Reducing switching screens
- Improving collaboration
- Suggesting accurate analytics
SET is powered by Lucy, a voice assistant to help knowledge workers with day-to-day activities and transactions.
Social Enterprise Applications are the booming future as the enterprises seek less effort for mundane activities while focusing on building the topmost productivity within the companies. As enterprise apps are the basic requirement, they must be upgraded from time to time, follow the users, and monitor their activities to learn and bring suggestions accordingly. The apps are expected to be much more than a set of codes written together instead; they must hold a human touch that makes the experience seamless for enterprise users. Such requirements surely result in divorcing the legacy enterprise apps while embracing the Social Enterprise Applications.