Director of Engineering
Department : Engineering
Type : Full Time
Location : Bengaluru
The role requires a significantly experienced and confident professional with relevant full product lifecycle capabilities. This role is for a next generation Enterprise Technology Platform. The role demands that the Engineering Leader understands the existing platform which has been built with a substantial investment and take it to the next level to build cutting edge solutions for our customers. The platform is the core part of the solution for our embedded analytics solution which enable our partners and customers to derive substantial value from a SaaS based engagement.
Key Result Areas:
- Create detailed technical task lists, provide technical guidance to the team, and enforce Digital Harbor standards and best practices
- Devise innovative approaches for delivering tailored solutions leveraging advanced domain knowledge, technology competency and industry exposure.
- Establish & develop strong professional relationships with Product Management, Analytics and Technology groups and acts as the Engineering anchor.
- Collaborate with technical developers; review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance, and completeness.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions
- Create/enhance reusable assets & frameworks.
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate illustrate the use of new technologies within our Products.
- Contribution to the strategic vision of Digital Harbor’s Platform product.
- Leading Engineering team by provide strong technical leadership and guidance
- MUST demonstrate a history of successfully building functionally rich, high performance, scalable and multi-tenant platforms. Solid experience in building secure platforms.
- A substantial track record of success in bringing innovative software products to market is a MUST.
- Very strong background in Java technologies.
- Understands platform, challenges in platform development and a proven capability to articulate platform level abstractions from user requirements
- Capability to do a SWOT on internal tools and 3rd party tools and provide a clear decision in terms of the approach
- Ability to maintain ‘big picture’ focus and lead engineering in a rapidly evolving technology marketplace.
- Enterprise platform experience with preferably both thin and thick client experience
- Has a passion for building applications that are sensitive to memory, bandwidth, latency and tough performance constraints. Has relevant metrics to talk about it.
- Work and collaborate with a talented team in a highly agile Scrum environment.
- Deeply conversant in technologies like Java/J2ee, Java Script, XML, DOM/SAX Parsers, Swings, HTML, CSS, HTTP/s, C++, Jboss, JSP, EJB 2.0, Struts 2.0, Servlets, Kodo (ORM), JMS, RMI, Quartz, ANT, drools, various file Systems, XML, DB (SQL, Oracle, DB2), DMS, Web Services, LDAP integration.
- Has built or integrated tools like Document Management System, Work Flow management, Offline Capability, Integration frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Relational databases and Data Modeling. Knowledge of distributed systems, concurrency, scalability, and fault tolerant designs.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communications skills for technical audiences; able to explain and drive technical solutions to technical teams; highly persuasive, Outstanding leadership and team-building skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills, with self-initiative and direction. Has AGILE experience
Desired Soft skills
- Passion to work for small and high growth Organizations.
- Self-starter who is hungry to take on new professional challenges, and looking for roles with enormous growth potential.
- Self-motivated and believes in getting things done.
- Reliable, Trustworthy and possesses Professional Integrity.
- Stable job history; Startup/entrepreneurial experience a real plus.