Director – Engineering
Department : Engineering
Type : Full Time
Location : Bengaluru
Experience: 13 – 16 Years
Key Result Areas:
- Create detailed technical task lists, provide technical guidance to the team, and enforce Digital Harbor standards and best practices
- Devise innovative approaches for delivering tailored solutions leveraging advanced domain knowledge, technology competency and industry exposure.
- Establish & develop strong professional relationships with Product Management, Analytics and Technology groups and acts as the Engineering anchor.
- Collaborate with technical developers; review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance, and completeness.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions
- Create/enhance reusable assets & frameworks.
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate illustrate the use of new technologies within our Products.
- Contribution to the strategic vision of Digital Harbor’s product.
- Leading Engineering team by provide strong technical leadership and guidance
- Deeply conversant in technologies like Java/J2ee, Java Script, XML, DOM/SAX Parsers, HTML, CSS, HTTP/s, Jboss, JSP, EJB 2.0, Struts 2.0, Servlets, Kodo (ORM), JMS, RMI, Quartz, ANT, drools, various file Systems, XML, DB (SQL, Oracle, DB2), DMS, Web Services, LDAP integration.
- Has built or integrated tools like Document Management System, Work Flow management, Offline Capability, Integration frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Relational databases and Data Modeling. Knowledge of distributed systems, concurrency, scalability, and fault tolerant designs.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communications skills for technical audiences; able to explain and drive technical solutions to technical teams; highly persuasive, Outstanding leadership and team-building skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills, with self-initiative and direction. Has AGILE experience
- Experience giving technical leadership to engineering teams.
- Experience working on complete end-to-end software cycle (from inception up to production deployment).
- A substantial track record of success in bringing innovative software products to market is a MUST.
- Ability to maintain ‘big picture’ focus and lead engineering in a rapidly evolving technology marketplace.